This space will be a description of this body's purpose and goals.
The Faculty Senate, an elected and representative body of the faculty, functions to:
(1) provide a forum wherein any matter associated with academic policy can be openly, professionally and objectively discussed by any faculty member;
(2) enable the faculty to reach an informed collective decision on academic matters;
(3) advise the administration and any forum of the decision making/governance model on academic matters including new and existing academic programs;
(4) provide advice, when appropriate, to the administration on fiscal, personnel, and long range planning matters; and
(5) provide the faculty a representative voice in issues relating to the exercise of academic freedom, professional rights, faculty ethics, educational curricula, general welfare, working conditions, and professional responsibilities in the college community.
The Faculty Senate, as a separate body and through its members’ committee participation, operates in an official capacity with authority delegated by the Chancellor of the College.
Have a question? Ask A Librarian.