Skip to main content
University of Arkansas-Pulaski Technical College
Libraries Home | Ask a Librarian | Find Books | Find Articles
When creating your Works Cited page, remember to:
- Begin the Works Cited on a new page but number consecutively. (For example, if the last page of your essay is page 6, the Works Cited is page 7) In Microsoft Word, put your cursor after the last text you typed. Go to INSERT and PAGE BREAK. This will automatically take you to the top of the next page.
- List the citations in alphabetical order by first letter of the first word (usually the author's last name). If there isn't an author listed for a citation, use the first letter of the title.
- Use italics for all titles of books, magazines, journals, websites, films,and online databases.
- Put quotation marks around the titles of poems, short stories, chapters from books, and articles from periodicals.
- Indent the 2nd line and all subsequent lines of each citation.
- If you're citing an article or a publication that was originally issued in print form but that you retrieved from an online database, you should type the online database name in italics. You do not need to provide subscription information in addition to the database name.
Many of these tips were taken from this LibGuide. The tips are used with permission from the creator of the LibGuide.
Have a question? Ask A Librarian.