1. Analysis of elements and principles:
Students will be able to analyze and describe the elements of art and principles of design to support interpretations of
2. Research and analysis of culturally and historically significant works of art:
Students will be able to demonstrate understanding of art historical terms or knowledge and discuss contributions to the
3. Evaluation of works of art:
Students will be able to critique works of art using appropriate art terminology.
4. Creative studio practice in drawing and design:
Students will be able to demonstrate drawing or design concepts and understanding of discipline-specific media, tools, and processes in a portfolio of student-created work.
5. Professional development for education majors:
Students will be able to discuss the materials and methods for teaching art history, art criticism, and studio production to children.
Have a question? Ask A Librarian.